Sunday, June 17, 2012

Day 20: Sunday June 17, 2012

Today was the final day for Dave and I. We left Childress TX at 0750 hours determined to make it to Abilene to celebrate Fathers Day and Myrna's and my 34th anniversary. The air temperature was 74 degrees when we pulled out of the parking lot. When we passed the area that we turned around yesterday we realized how fortunate we were that we did not try to make it thru the storm. There was so much standing water in the fields and streets that it was evident that the storm was intense and could have been a challenge for us to cross through. We stopped for gas and a local told us that the thunderstorm pounded the area for 4 hours. As we got closer to Abilene the weather got warmer, it hit 89 degrees at 10am. We rolled into Dave and Laura's Texas ranch at 10:30 the girls greeted us and the celebration began! After taking a shower and settling in we shared stories. Later in the afternoon a thunderstorm was moving in so we sat on the patio under the deck and enjoyed some Tobin James wine! Just the way the ride started!! We travelled 170 miles today for a grand total of 5355.

This marked the end of the ride for Dave and I. But I still need to get back to California. The next phase of the blog will be my ride with Myrna. That journey will begin on June 29th. So please check back and pick up the rest of the trip!

I am so thankful to all of you who were praying for safe travels for Dave and I. Prayer works and He is good!

Exodus 23:20 See, I am sending an angel ahead of you to guard you along the way

2 comments: