Saturday, June 30, 2012

Friday June 29, 2012

Well today marked the end of one journey and tomorrow begins another. After a month to the day when Dave and I began "the ride" our hanging out together was coming to a close! For tomorrow Myrna and I take off on part two of "My Big Ride". But today's blog is about Dave and Laura! I cannot thank Dave enough for sharing my desire to take off on our 5000+ mile ride (over 6000 miles for him, if you recall he rode out to California from Texas). Over 3 years ago while sitting in my backyard and enjoying a bottle of Fat Boy from Tobin James I suggested to Dave that when we retire we should get Goldwings and take off and see America. Dave was game; but since Dave retired about 18 months before I did he had to wait for me. Dave is an amazing friend and I love him more than a brother!! The 20 days on the road with him and the 10 days on his "farm" in Texas were some of the most relaxing days of my life! The hospitality that both Dave and Laura display is second to none. There is no way I can express my gratitude to them so I am asking God to do it for me! Dave and Laura you two are the best! We love you, Steve and Myrna! The following pictures are of the D&L Six Acre Farm

Proverbs 17:17 A brother loves at all times...

No comments:

Post a Comment