Saturday, July 12, 2014

Day 24: Saturday July 12, 2014

I woke up at 4:45 before my alarm which was set for 5:00. I guess I was anxious to get home and be with my family. After my quiet time I got in the shower loaded the bike and I was on the road west bound on interstate 80. The last leg of my trip. It was a pleasant 64 degrees when I left and did not rise above 72 until I got to Sparks NV, where I stopped for gas and a leg stretch. It was a relaxing ride from Winnemucca into Sparks with very few travelers on the road this early on a Saturday. Once I left Nevada and started climbing into the Sierra's it was such a reprieve from the less than picturesque desert. The air was fresh with pine and the view was what I am familiar with, mountains, trees and rock formations. It was so nice to be back in California and Lincoln was only a breath away. I stopped for a couple kodak moments along the way including the city limit sign for Lincoln. I text Myrna to let her know I was close and when I rounded the corner of our cul-de-sac, Myrna, Courtney and Winston were waiting for me. It is great to be home, but I truly loved everything about this ride, the people, the places and even the things that happened. America is beautiful, go out there and discover her!! I rode 291 miles today for a total of 6587. Dave sent me a text and said he arrived safely in San Diego and he rode 337 miles today for a total of 6676.

 

 

 

 

Vista point that is Donner Lake

 

Train tunnel in the side of the mountain

 

 

Emigrant Gap

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

So good to see and kiss my wife after almost a month away!

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment